Monday, July 4, 2022

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL NEW (testing wi-fi hot spot)

I plugged in my new mini-iPhone (I gave up and bought an SE) to charge in my laptop, and up popped the option to create a wi-fi hot spot.
I don't have an internet provider--will this work instead?

Three test photo uploads...

I. The neighbor's gray cat, Pixie, came and introduced herself to me as I sat on my doorstoop yesterday. This is my favorite spot to sit in my new place so far--sort of replaces the front porch at my last place. Several humans have also introduced themselves. Nice.

I am on the ground floor, and when I'm inside I can see people walk past my windows--I really enjoy this! (They are peaceful--mostly dog walkers and joggers, not drug dealers like by the store.)

II. I just set up on the thermostat these vintage paper decorations from Japan that Kirsten sent me a long time ago. Absolutely perfect:

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL NEW DECORATIONS


III. And here, below, is Marz looking impossibly cool in her BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL NEW STEEL TOE BOOTS with bear Robat:


Marz leaves for merchant mariner school in exactly one week!
I tried to tie her to the floor as Linda Sue suggested so she couldn't leave, but she's been working out lifting weights and I did not succeed.
I am settling for her memory imprinting on this, my new place.

Okay, looks like the hot-spot works. Anyone have any more info?

5 comments:

  1. Yay! The hot-spot works!!!

    And the Japanese lanterns look like they have found a new place to live.

    I'm on the first floor also which was an adjustment after always living on the second floor. It is fun to people watch.

    And Marz is looking impossibly cool! Bon voyage, Marz!!

    kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hotspot should always work, and it should work more reliably than many a wireless connection. But it eats a lot of data. Do you have unlimited data? If not (or even if you do), an ad-blocker will cut down on the junk most webpages load.

    Bon voyage, Marz! Or as Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks, put it, sail on sailor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely becoming a home!

    I'm not sure what you say to a sailor...an actor you say "break a leg" a cyclist you say "stay between the hedges and rubber side down"!
    All the best to Marz on her travels and to you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. well dang, no tieing her to the floor, maybe do a chalk outline , that way she will be there but her body will be doing heavy lifting some where else...Your new digs are the best as are the decorations so small and perfect. Pretty sure it will be party time for the girlettes tomorrow!

    Eff the forth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, all--I passed along your good wishes to Marz, who came for dinner last night. It helps her deal with her jitters to hear other people's encouragement.

    ReplyDelete