Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Dino Go

I. Go, go dinos

Me at work yesterday, carrying an armload of donated dinosaurs to put on display.
(You can see my new blue eyeglasses here, too.)

As soon as I put the dinos out, an older woman customer said,
"Oh, I love to give those to kids", and she bought them all.

Of course that's the idea, but sometimes I want my displays to stay up longer, so I can enjoy them.

Ha-ha-haaaa! DINOS SAY, NO--WE GO!


Speaking of going, I'm going cat/house sitting today.
I have to scoop up the last-minute stuff to take over this morning, and then I'm off.
I'll be gone almost 4 months, till early June. It's 5 miles away--I won't go back home if I can help it.
So if you want my mailing address for any reason, gmail me at frescadp.

II. Childhood Treasures

I'm starting to catalog treasures that I'd started saving in a leather marble-bag when I was in fourth grade. This is the first batch:

 
I'm really happy with this painting. (Except for the hot-pad making loop, which lost the plot. I might wash that off and repaint it--nice thing about gouache, you can do that.)

I'm excited to paint more of the contents of the bag--there're about 20 things? from then till now.

I'm inching forward toward painting more personal subjects and ideas. NOT that the toy portraits aren't personal. They are.
But... well, I'm feeling more confident is the thing, I guess, to branch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment