Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Expansive Jupiter

So many unexpected nice things (well, a couple big ones, anyway) have come my way recently, I checked to see what's going on in the stars.

Here's what:
The jovial planet of Jupiter is traveling through Pisces, my sign, for most of 2022, bringing lucky possibilities to all, but especially Pisces,
"
a mystical, magical, lucky transit that astrologers have been eagerly awaiting" [via].

Okay, then!

First up:
Today I did my first shift at a bookstore downtown that sells rare and antique books--mostly online these days. Its temporary: I'm helping out  packing books while one of the owners recovers from a knee replacement. The owner is a friend of a friend, who alerted me that the store needed help.

Someone came along with me: the dispenser of gummed packing tape was too heavy for her, so she browsed the books instead.

This is a genius machine, from the 1950s, I think:The plastic bottle on the right irrigates a moat, through which the paper tape runs.

The lever the doll is trying to operate dispenses the tape--you can see how many inches on the silver guide on the left–and when you release the lever, it slices the tape.

"Jupiter on my shoulder"--actually the morning sun.



Lots of great books, and I can take double my pay in trade, but they're spendy, and I'm no collector.
I'll just enjoy browsing.

I had never seen Orlando the marmalade cat before!

No comments: