Sunday, August 29, 2021

Nothing for it but to do it.

Instagram round-up. I swear I don't color-match the photos I post!
Or, maybe I'm starting to subconsciously?

_____________

Watercolor of Spike in New Mexico,
"Nothing for it but to do it."


I keep saying I want to paint the dolls, and then I don't do it.

So I'm going to try (again) to paint quick, throw-away sketches.
The idea being, to get around the fear of working hard on something that doesn't work out.
(Know that one?)

Of course my brain sneakily wants the quick sketches to turn out to be keepers, and sometimes they do.
This one entirely pleases me, the first of five I painted this afternoon. It's from a photo Marz took of Spike sitting in the rim of some machinery
on the goat farm.
(Spike had that buzz cut when I got her.)

2 comments:

  1. I like it! I can't paint pictures, only things like garden gnomes that have faded. I need to kick-start myself with the dresses for the girls, summer is only a few weeks away here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIVER: I'm excited to see the girls in summer dresses!

    ReplyDelete