Friday, April 2, 2021

Doing the laundry, mopping the floor

Everything Very Important is happening, plus it's massive major holy days this weekend, and I DON'T CARE, leave me  alone, I'm doing my laundry.
(I do care but I cannot say one more thing about important things.)

Here's what I've been doing lately to Make the World a Better Place:
mopping the floor at the store when we close.

One of my coworkers had a meltdown last week about how he is the only one to mop the floor, which is true because he always says, Oh, I don't mind.

NEVER SAY OH, I DON'T MIND if you do mind. Everyone will take you up on it.

So the day after his meltdown, I said I'd help mop, and he did NOT say, "oh, no, I don't mind."
He said, "Really?"
Like I'd told him he won a prize.

"Sure," I said. "I used to be a janitor."
That was thirty-two years ago but I remember how to mop a floor. I always thought it was kind of fun, like a dance.

So now I do that, if I work till close. (I don't always.)

I enjoy being well and strong enough that I can enjoy mopping the floor. I can see the horizon from here, after all....

Anyway, I came home tired but eager to get things ready for A TRIP: Sunday, Marz and I head up north to Lake Superior to celebrate her 30th birthday.

We've both had our first Covid shots--not that we'll be around people, we'll be at a Great Lake.
Marz's shot is three weeks old, and the CDC says people are 80 percent covered after two weeks, so she'll be mostly covered.
(
Mine will only be ten days old on Sunday, will I have some immunity? I looked it up and it's unclear...)

Gotta go put the laundry in the dryer!

3 comments:

Linda Sue said...

yes, important things! I grumbled for you so you can ease your mind-All taken care of.. I like that mopping the floor is a dance! I usually get down on hands and knees to "mop" but I am finding it more and more of a challenge, gravity and uncooperative knees. So, dance it is!
I do hope that the Girlettes are packing well to go on big birthday trip! I am sending imaginary ice cream! Have a grand time.

River said...

Hooray for a trip! I should be mopping my own floors, but space is tight here and it would mean moving furniture out of the way, then putting it back, I'm just not up to it. I sweep instead, or vacuum, and wipe up spills as they occur. It's good enough for me.

Joanne Noragon said...

30th birthday. I remember that. Actually, my 30th crossed my mind not very long ago. You are going to a very nice place to celebrate. Wear your masks (around people) and have a good time.