Saturday, March 6, 2021

Some Groups (Life Review)

I'm a little bit overwhelmed––mostly by goodness––this, my birthday season.
I'd been sad last week, expecting a nothing birthday (because pandemic, also it was below-zero temps). The weather warmed up though, the sun came out, and this past week, I got lots of outings outside with friends!
And presents, and cards.
All good.

It's a lot of cake to digest.

Meanwhile I've been looking through old photos, which, you know, brings up mixed emotions.

I'm not much of a group person, but of course you do end up in them, usually in workplaces.
So here's a round-up of some of my work groups.

But first--a favorite, not from work:
me & bink with other peregrinas met along the way, El Camino de Santiago, twenty springs ago (2001).
I'm second from left (gray pants); bink's second from right (red backpack)


Backing up...
BELOW: Chicago, Columbia College Library, 1987
I'm back row, third from right (the mullet haircut was in style)

BELOW: MCAD Library (1995?)
I'm third from left (sleeveless shirt); bink is to my right
 
I don't have any group photos from the brief time I worked in-house at the publishers. Then it was fifteen years of freelance/contract work--and a couple workplaces of a year of less...

Here I am in 2014 (leaning on table) doing activities with people living with dementia:

 
BELOW: Last week at my current workplace. (I arranged this to make a thank-you card for volunteers.)
I'm far left, in pink-filter respirator.

2 comments:

  1. Then, happy birthday month to both of us; you at the front and me at the bend of the month. A lovely group of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos filled with lovely people :)
    Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete