Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Girlette Testing Station

They say the Q-tip changes color if a doll is sick.

I am pretty sure they can't actually get sick? But I don't want to say because they are really into the Testing Station they have set up on the front porch.

Racer is administering the test because she knows All About It, having gone with me when I got tested.
 

 The other day, I was talking about imagination with a friend.

"I don't think I'm actually imaginative," I was saying.
"I just put real things together in imaginative ways---like collaging real events. Sending Penny Cooper back to the Blitz, that's a real time. And I'm using other people's ideas from sci-fi and movies, like La Jetee..."


"Yes," my friend said. "But Penny Cooper isn't real."
 

What???
 
I was shocked. I guess I have to admit, though, it's true, Penny Cooper isn't real...
But don't tell her!

I wouldn't want to hurt Penny Cooper's feelings.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't there a whole conversation among the animals in "The Velveteen Rabbit" about becoming real when one is loved? I'd say Penny Cooper qualifies, one way or another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh out loud-as I didn't see that coming! She is real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Steve Reed, the longer you love them, the more real they are.

    ReplyDelete