Sunday, July 12, 2020

Cat Barrier

George, one of the two cats I am house sitting. I send photos of the cats to their owner almost every day. She says George "photographs up", meaning he's photogenic.
Have you ever heard that phrase? I hadn't.


Here he looks like the carnivore he is. With humans, he's an easy-going guy---luckily, since he needs daily meds. He tolerates me administering them without hissing, or even struggling much.

He's largely an outside cat.
A rabbit made her nest in the open space under an elevated garden box next door. The neighbor wondered if George would eat the baby bunnies.  

I tried to keep George inside, but he caterwauls and claws at the door.
So instead, I barricaded the area under the window box with folding chairs (campaign furniture!)--BELOW:
Bunnies can get out through the gaps, and George could get in, if he worked at it. This morning he sniffed around the chair-barrier, but he didn't bother to squeeze himself through a gap. 
He's well fed---not much motivation.

And that's my exciting news of the day.

3 comments:

  1. clever barricade. and a good thing too, baby bunnies would be a nice light little snack.
    You are such a good house/pet sitter! I hope they pay you one million dollars.
    BTW, news from Portland, trump sent in the federal military, they shot a kid in the head.
    there are videos- the kid was standing with a boom box high above his head, being peaceful. Portland is hell. And thank you once again. LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Linda Sue. I had not heard.
    (I'm mostly avoiding the news as I get enough strife at work, but I do appreciate individuals telling me what's up.)

    The police are the ones who need barriers--to keep THEM back.

    Ha, no not a million dollars. A very minimal sum--mostly I do it for the pleasure of the central air and the quiet house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Protect the bunnies! The tricky part is going to be saving them when they are big enough to leave home but too stupid to flee from the cat in a timely manner. Good job with the barricade.

    ReplyDelete