Monday, May 11, 2020

SweePo finds a dead squirrel.

Note: Photo of a dead squirrel coming up. It's not gory, but it is, you know, ... dead.

So first, a buffer––a Studio Portrait of SweePo in the apple blossoms. 
Pretty, but she has that stiff fakey-look you get when posing for a photographer.

_______________________________

How to explain the difference between living things and dolls––to a doll?

SweePo found a dead squirrel on the sidewalk. She wanted us to take it home and fix it, like Squash the Squirrel.

Squash is a stuffed animal, I tried to explain, and you can fix those if they get squashed, but not living animals.

I wasn't sure if she understood. She spent the evening looking out the window.

I think she did understand, though, because this morning she brought out this toy squirrel, below, and asked if I could fix his eye.

So, I guess that's happening today...

No comments:

Post a Comment