Monday, January 6, 2020

Book & Darning-Needle Marks

It's almost 9 p.m. I don't usually blog at night, but I want to keep up with little things that happen during the days so I don't end up writing huge posts (. . . about odds-and-ends I could post about singly. Writing huge posts about ideas I'm trying to hash through is fine, of course--it helps me to think.)

So a quick post before bed.

I took a bunch of photos today, preparing to launch the store's IG---I intend the IG posts to to be artsier than the stuff I put on FB.

Here's an old, heavily used Catholic prayer book that's been repaired with tape. Its bound bookmark has come detached but is still in use.
I love signs of use like this.

And here's an old darning egg--it's smooth surface has been dinged by darning needles:


It's part of a stash of darning supplies inside an old tin made in England.

2 comments:

  1. Love the darning supplies. I've seen darning eggs mentioned in books but I'm not sure I've ever laid eyes on one in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you still have that darning egg in your store, I could use one. I was looking at one in an antique store a while back, but was too spendy...and I bet yours is cheap.

    ReplyDelete