Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 Review: My Year in BOOK's

Review of 2019 in BOOK's

I've been Custodian of BOOK's at the Thrift Store since June 2018.


Below: February 2019, My Black History Month Display

Below: Feb. 20, 2019
Big Boss and me in the Catholic Spirit newspaper

March 2019
My display for Women's History Month:

"Hutch Reads, Starsky Watches TV"
Panorama by The Finnish Friend

Below: Volunteer Shurika keeps children's books section in order:

Me:

Below: April 2019
 Something there is that doesn't love a wall.
And something that does...

Fulton J. Sheen, Three to Get Married:
"Do NOT go in there."

Below: May 2019:
Orphan Reds on my home bookshelf

Below: May 2019
BOOKsman's Holiday in Duluth

Below: June 2019
I arranged each BOOK's section in rainbow order for Pride Month:

Below: July: Moon Books
for the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing, July 20, 1969

BELOW: Girlette Low & Reading Bunny

Below: July 2019
 Carrying 1 of 5 boxes of donated National Geographics

Below: August 2019 
"Start a Two-Person Book Club" Display

Below: Aug. 30, 2019
Moving. After 17 years, no books in my old apt. on 27th Street
(I put a lot of my books in Little Free Libraries. v)

Below: September 2019
Banned Books Week

Below: October 2019, Ghost Season
 w/ Art Sparker's "Fall Is Reading Weather" bookmarks


BELOW: November 2019
Reading The Fellowship of the Ring 
at my new place w/ HouseMate's dog, Prince

Below: My Favorite "Side-by-Side" Display
(Thanks to Art Sparker, I know Gunter Grass did the cover art for his novel Dog Years.)

Thanksgiving 2019
Maura & Mz (reading 70's Fashion, w/ Becket standing by) 
My 1st dinner party on 27th Avenue

No books at the Winter Solstice bonfire
(HM, Maura, Sister, Marcia, bink, Mz, ATK):


Below: 2019 Christmas
 Girlettes: NOT a Book from bink!
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you all, gang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all these old book covers and your witty arrangements. I remember that "Cum" book from when it was being advertised in gay publications -- I think in the mid-'80s? Love the Moon display, especially -- so much groovy sci-fi! (Although I have never been able to read Robert Heinlein. I think he's a terrible writer.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a great compilation of books and photos!

    ReplyDelete