Thursday, December 5, 2019

The Skating Girlette

My sister went to a Jungian Grief Workshop recently and told me it had included "symbolic work with totemic objects".

The girlettes and I do that every day, I said. 

Yesterday [see earlier post], I really needed it.
After calling 911 for a guy overdosing in the parking lot at work, followed by an intense conversation with a new coworker about race and class, I went home and got Minnie ready for her photo shoot as The Skating Girlette.

I rushed on my bike down the icy streets three blocks to the lake to get there in time for the light of the setting sun.

The ice along the lake shore had formed just enough to support Minnie on her plastic stand. (I got very damp, crouched on the snowy banks.)

This is one photo from the shoot--I'm getting a different one printed as a Christmas card, but I couldn't wait to share Minnie. 



Based on "The Skating Minister":

2 comments:

  1. As Ted Berrigan would have said, Totally great!

    What a beautiful picture you took, Fresca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great!!! You totally bring to mind The Skating Minister painting, even if Minnie herself doesn't look like an old man on skates. Very successful shoot I would say!

    ReplyDelete