Wednesday, November 6, 2019

A brief quiet morning

Living with HM (HouseMate) is going well, and I can tell it's good for me, but I do miss living alone sometimes. 

HM drives to Fort Benning, Georgia, for the annual protest of the School of the Americas next weekend. I'm looking forward to being home alone.
Not sure if she's taking the Dog. I'd rather she take him, but he's not much bother.


Here he is looking out the living room window the other day. (The leaves have since fallen.) 
On the left is my favorite object in the house--a mid-century lamp made out of driftwood, from HM's childhood.

How can I tell living with a housemate is good for me?

It's odd: I feel smoother.

It's like driving on the highway:
the long stretches are good for the car engine--the fluids heat up and flow through the system. 

The annoyances of a housemate are like slowing the car down for the rest stops or going through small towns--they add wear and tear but also interest, so they're OK too...

Today is my last day cashiering. I gave notice a month ago, and the store has not hired a replacement. Now the assistant manager who cashiers a lot has given two-week notice too.

Talk about annoyances. This store is like driving on an interesting but poorly maintained country road with lots of blind spots.

I do love it though.

No comments: