Tuesday, October 22, 2019

I bought myself a present.

I'm so excited! I have followed "Olga's Bears" on Instagram for quite a while, from Olga, a bear-maker in Russia. I admire her bears, and I also like her weird whimsy.
Cozy, but not clichéd.

Here, for instance, are her most recent bears in progress.

She posted these bears, finished, dressed as berries, and I was wondering how to buy one. 

This morning she posted the link to her sale site. Two bears were left, and I chose one, a girl named Pensive, to come live with the girlettes. At 7", Pensive is about the same size as the 8" girlettes.



She cost a lot––$125, including shipping––but I don't care.

I just talked to Housemate about saving money, since I will be dropping back to 20 hours/week.

We're going to share groceries. I used to eat out a lot, but I said I want to cook and eat at home more now.
She usually cooks at home anyway.

I was thinking I might work my way through the original Moosewood Cookbook (1974).
It influenced the way I cook, but I haven't actually cooked out of it since the '80s. 
I was thinking of tamale pie...

Meanwhile, on Sunday I bought a Hungarian mushroom pie at the Savory bakery, which is about a mile away from here--even farther from my old place. I'd never been.
I also got pepper bacon, cabbage, leeks, and apples at the Farmers Market to cook up in my new Dansk casserole.


2 comments:

bink said...

Tamale pie! Yes! Have me over for that--unless it has cheese... :-(

Pensive will be less pensive when she is living with the riotous girlettes. I can tell that she is only pensive because she is wanting friends. Then her name might have to be changed to Joy-bug!

Fresca said...

BINK: I can make it cheese-free, just for you. I wonder if there are any fake cheeses that are nice...?

Joy-bug!!! I LOVE that name.
We will have to see when she gets here.