Friday, October 4, 2019

"partly because of the fluorescent orange tulips around the birches"

I feel a little icky this morning from yesterday's encounter at work, but I am cheered by Frank O'Hara reading "Having a Coke with You" (1966).
What a neat-o love poem.





And I like orange.
Here is part of an illuminated Gospel page with the four evangelists (Matthew, top left, looks a little like Frank O'Hara, but how great is Mark as a lion, bottom left?!!), from late 14th Cent. Amhara region of Ethiopia; see full page at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.


 "Look here. ^ Free experiences!"

BELOW: Sign I saw downtown, on the way to the bank. And now I'm off to work--pricing more of the expensive books I've set aside over the summer to look up.

4 comments:

Michael Leddy said...

Orange gospel art!

FOH has a series of poems, “Oranges.” And mentions it in “Why I Am Not a Painter.”

Frex said...

MICHAEL: OGA? :)
Funnily, that poem you mention... I realize now I blogged about it back in 2010~ in connection with... surprise, surprise, "Star Trek" (and its orange skies).
gugeo.blogspot.com/2010/05/of-how-terrible-orange-is-and-life.html

Michael Leddy said...

Oh my. That must’ve been before I found your blog — I would have said something about that post. Yes, Sardines.

Fresca said...

MICHAEL: Thanks, I updated that old post and it now reads "Sardines", no question mark. Love the art!