Tuesday, October 15, 2019

First Fail

"If at first you fail..."

I did!

For my first writing exercise, I was watching Mr Furniture and thinking, I have no idea how to write about him as a physical being, except to write out a list of measurements.
I'll start there, but it's not bloggable.

It's much easier to report the interesting stuff he says, which is not the idea. (The idea is to practice writing stuff I have no idea how to write.)
Anyway, I don't want to report on people's lives.


Still, I do want to share this--it's such a perfect example of how we are living in parallel worlds.


Big Boss got lunch for everybody from Burger King yesterday.

He was going to charge us, like normal when someone makes a fast-food run. 
I pointed out we were working on a holiday–Columbus/Indigenous People's Day––and if we didn't get free lunch, we should get time-and-a-half pay. So we got lunch on the store.

I was eating my Whopper, and Mr Furniture told me he doesn't think it's healthy to eat red meat.

Right, I said. All that cholesterol and everything...

"When I eat red meat at home," he said, "I always boil it until it's not red anymore."

No comments: