Wednesday, August 28, 2019

New Room, in Process

Patti (homeowner) and I got the last of the carpet padding up yesterday, and today Patti is sanding and sealing the floor.

She'd drawn the watering-hole on the wall in chalk pastels, she let me know, not oil. Whew.
She'd said it was fine if I erased it, but I could see she was a little sad to see it go, so I photographed, printed, and framed an 8" x 8" copy of the mural for her.
The pastels washed off pretty well--and primer covered the shadow. I left a couple of the giraffes. I love how empty the room is now. 
(It's almost 11 x 11 feet. * )
How much can I pare down my possessions? To just these two dolls?
That's Patti, in the doorway. ^ (At a quick glance, we sorta look alike.)

I hung a picture of Capt. Kirk above the closet (right). 
I have already failed to limit myself to two dolls.

* P.S. Crow asked if I have more space. Yes! This will be my bed/sitting room, but I also have the run of the one-and-a-half story bungalow, with a back and front yard. Much freer space than my tiny one-bedroom apt.

5 comments:

  1. Do you have more room in the new place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes--much more room!
    I'm going from 3 tiny rooms to sharing a small house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a friendly space with great light. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big windows and wood floors! My type of place.

    Leaving the giraffes peaking out is a fun touch. And to provide Patti with a photo is a nice touch.


    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  5. KRISTA & KIRSTEN: Thanks for commenting. It is a nice room, and it's just starting to feel like mine.

    ReplyDelete