Friday, July 5, 2019

Book Juxtapositions: "When you look inside, you see another world"

Some book pairs I set up at BOOK's speak to each other in their titles, others show pairs connected in other ways:
Signet paperbacks, in the first case, 
in the second, Nancy Drew inside-cover art (top orange, 1943; bottom blue, 1957).











 
.



That last one, above, is my favorite.

I didn't plan this display, below, and I didn't spot any pairings until I looked at the photo. The blurb on The Anything Box, top left of display, reads,
"When you look inside, you see another world".

2 comments:

  1. Are you telling me you didn't see "Everything is Flammable" paired with the BBQ book in the last photo? That jumped out to me as a hilarious pairing.

    Nicely done on your 2 book pairings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get some fascinating book donations! I love the "Dog Years" cover, and the "Nancy Drew" inside cover art.

    ReplyDelete