Sunday, April 28, 2019

Refreshed Bear

I'd posted this donated, old stuffed bear back in January after I'd removed its nasty plastic stuffing at work. 

I took it home and washed it. In the washing machine--it was that dirty.

The bear's remaining googly eye came off in the wash, and the bear has been lying around since, looking like a piece of fabric.

I thought about ditching it, but I'd told the woman who'd donated it, her childhood toy, with tears in her eyes that I'd take care of it. 

The other day I restuffed it and sewed on button eyes.
The last thing I need is another bear, so I intend to take it back to the store.  And yet...

Here's Refreshed Bear last night with Marz:

Speaking of refreshment, this Sunday morning on my back porch, a  robin is bathing in a Pyrex casserole dish I filled with water:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, R. Bear (R for refreshed) looks pretty happy there with Marz. I think R. Bear would make a wonderful head or back rest when reading.

Perhaps R. Bear suggested to Robin a bath in a dish that matched.

Kirsten

Steve Reed said...

Good job on the bear rescue!