Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter Red IV: Penny Cooper, Martyr

I got this bunny-with-teeth (à la Monty Python) pulling an Easter cart from the thrift store for bink. But when I gave it to her at coffee yesterday in the presence of the Orphan Reds, Penny Cooper declared it was a tumbrel from the French Revolution.*
And she?
She would be Sydney Carton!


Oh, noble Penny Cooper! Ever triumphant, even facing death.

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done."

(*HOW DOES SHE KNOW THESE THINGS?)

P.S. Penny Cooper wanted to build a toy guillotine, but I just haven't gotten around to it, and I sort of think I never will.
PC's head remains on her shoulders, as such such a winning head should.

2 comments:

bink said...

She is very noble to so bravely face the guillotine but I think, in her case, the speech she gave from the back of the tumbrel would cause the crowd to weep and demand a reprieve before she even got to the guillotine.

Or Penny Cooper could get an oversized shirt she can pull up over her head to pretend that she is headless, and haunting those who sent her to the guillotine.

Fresca said...

BINK: This is the best comment!!!
"the crowd would demand a reprieve":
THIS IS SO TRUE!

But Penny Cooper also loves your idea of playing a ghost with shirt over her head---we'll have to work on finding her a suitable one...