Thursday, January 17, 2019

Slowly, slowly, to the panaderia...

I'm leaving in ten minutes for a COMMITTEE MEETING.
My intention is to stay calm & detached. (Wanna bet?)

Yesterday evening, running for the bus, I tripped on a sidewalk crack and the next thing I knew, my eyeglasses were hitting pavement--with my face in them.
Scary! But --whew! nothing broken--just a swollen knee and a sore wrist this morning. I guess when we evolved to walk upright, we also evolved to fall in a way that protects us...?

Again a reminder ---again!---to SLOW DOWN!

This morning, here's a photo collage (from yesterday morning) of my local Mexican bakery (panaderia)--two blocks away.
The treats are dry, and not very sweet, compared to US bakery goods--I like them.


8 comments:

  1. Does that raisin roll taste anywhere near as good as it looks? It looks worthy of giving the molasses pig a miss, but I fear that might be illusion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BINK: The raisin rolls are good, but alas not good for binks that are allergic to dairy, I'm afraid--they have a milky custard in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Glad you bounced well and made it to the bakery :) Good rule of thumb........ never eat a raisin bun bigger than your head :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Latina bakeries are wonderful. The aroma in the one I visited on a Saturday morning was bliss.

    I’m glad there weren’t more major problems from your fall. When I saw face I thought, Oh no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Sorry to hear about your fall! Are your glasses OK?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone!
    I am happy to report my glasses merely touched the sidewalk--would be disastrous if they broke!
    But not as disastrous as if I broke bones---
    I am still a little sore all over! But totally well.

    Eating all those raisin buns gives me BOUNCE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been away so this is the soonest (?) that I can comment, and send you the same sighs of relief that you didn't suffer any awful damage from your fall. After the age of 10, falling is an extraordinary event considering that you're falling from so much higher up these days. I've done it once so far this Winter when I dropped over my own feet on my brick patio and the ground came up in slow motion, the whole time I'm thinking...Wait. I'm not actually going to FALL am I??

    Now, everywhere I go, I step carefully.

    How did the committee meeting go?

    ReplyDelete