Friday, December 14, 2018

Distressed (Not Distressed)

I am not distressed, I'm happy to say. 
The sky is blue (finally!), my new gas stove is hooked up (finally), and I found out the thrift store is closed December 24, to give us all a four-day weekend.

My downstairs neighbor is singing LOUDLY (as is his wont), "It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright, sunshiny day!" 
[Johnny Nash, "I Can See Clearly Now", on youtube]

I've mentioned that I rescue distressed fabrics from the recycle bin at work.
Aaaand...
Here is Julia (looking uncharacteristically like a 1970s knitting model), wearing a rescue sweater a couple days ago––green Shetland wool with big moth holes, the best for visible mending. She is patching it with blue wool:

And here are the Orphan Reds with a faded doll blanket. (A lot of the fabrics for their outfits are thrifted too.)
I love the soft old blanket, even though the fragile fabric pulled apart in spots when I washed it. But I had to wash it, it was so fusty:

On my days off, I really want to work on restoring some bears.
But first I HAVE to clean my place, which looks like a tornado came through.

2 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Bravo for rescuing things! The sweater definitely has character!

Fresca said...

STEVE: The sweater will clean up well. I loved how you had rescued clothes from the ground recently. :)