Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Toys Donate $1.36

I said I was not going to do any fundraising, yeah, but a while ago I'd alerted my thrift store boss to #GivingTuesday, when Facebook & Paypal double donations given on FB. 
That's today, and my boss wanted us to do that--and, due to complications (?), it boiled down to ME setting it up.

I was kind of rude when he asked me––I believe I exclaimed, "This store is soooo behind the curve!"––but I agreed. The store really does do good work, and it really does need $.

FB gives you lots of "recommended" images to choose from for your fundraiser--all very cutesy-corporate. (The best artists of our generation are designing for these guys.)
I decided to make it fun for me, and make my own. Which means, #toyphotography!

Of course the toys were EAGER to help. The dinosaur cared not one whit that holding a hot, plastic-melting quarter (heated up on the stove) destroyed its resale value.


The toys donated $1.36. I think they found the money in the couch cushions... You have to donate in round numbers, so I chipped in to bring it up to $5.

This is the link to the online fundraiser:
https://www.facebook.com/donate/580637975729269

2 comments:

bink said...

I like that the penguin is directing the event: "Ok, now, you next. No crowding. Time enough for everyone to give."

Frex said...

The toys have no sense of queueing!

Speaking of "queueing"--isn't that a great line-up of vowels! And fun to spell out loud too: "ueuei". :)