Sunday, October 14, 2018

Saturday Night, Sunday Morning

Red Hair Girl has had an exciting weekend.
On Saturday night, she went to Bingo at the Catholic church where I used to work. bink had free tickets.

RHG quickly became bored with Bingo and extemporized for the Halloween Costume Contest, using empty wrappers from the free candy at every table.
She didn't finish in time for the costume judging, but that was OK--the judge didn't even know who Tintin was, so what chance would a small, imaginative doll have stood?


We got a ride home from an old church friend, and RHG connived to be left in the car when I got out. Thus she got to spend the night with her friends at bink's house, 
where the Lion has gone to live with Daryl.
bink sent me this:

This morning, RHG came with bink to our usual Sunday coffee. This week, we went to the place with the toast bar.
You get to make your own toast, and choose your toppings and sides.

Daryl introduced her to this thing called "avocado toast":


But Red Hair Girl only wanted the triple-berry jam.


Whew! This girl leads an adventurous life. I just sit and darn and watch.
Today, I started repairing this wool sweater the moths got at this summer, stitching around and connecting the little holes.
(And there are more.)
I call it, "The Tracks of Moth Tears":


2 comments:

bink said...

That RHG leads the most glamorous looking life! That's the sort of life that makes people on FB all jealous! I am glad I, and Daryl are able to share in her (your) fun!

And I love The Tracks of Moth Tears as a title for your sweater.

Frex said...

BINK: The people on FB would be right to be jealous: Red Hair Girl has the BEST LIFE!
I'm glad you and I get to be part of it --and Daryl's too!