Friday, October 5, 2018

A Book Lady's Busman's Holiday

Duluth has a new indie used/new bookstore--Zenith Books! I had a great chat with one of the owners, Angel, about being a Book Lady.

Here I am being goofy outside their storefront, with its mural of book spines. The store used to be Wild West Liquors, because it's in the run-down west side of town, where I usually stay. (The university & mansions are on the east side).
This side has just started to spiff up lately, and the store is doing VERY well.

It was great to get away---Lake Superior blew my mind cobwebs away, for the moment, and I'm happy to be back at work. I'd gone to the dermatologist for a skin check the morning I left (all is well), and the nurse said to me, "You have my dream job."
 

I have to say, I have my dream job too! Annoyances and poor pay notwithstanding. I'm off to it right now---more later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this is a bookstore that I want to visit! Whoever painted the books did a fantastic trompe l'oeil design. And such an interesting pick of books.

A day or two or three away can often put a different spin on life.

Book persons or those who have a real love for books are the best!

Kirsten

ArtSparker said...

Nice to read something positive today.

Fresca said...

KIRSTEN: I was thinking it would be good to paint trompe l'oeil book spines on the end of bookshelves.. My artist friend bink could do it...

SPARKER: I avoided social media yesterday, as much as I could, but plenty of crud got through.