Sunday, September 23, 2018

My Mother, Gay Pride Parade, 1978, Madison, Wisconsin

I mentioned last week that my mother's one-time lover Mary had contacted me out of the blue, first time in 37 years... 

I'm wary of Mary, since I heard nothing from her when Lytton (my mother) died, but I'm also getting something out of reviewing the era when she was with Mary, which started shortly after my parents divorced and ran for six years (c. 1975–1981), the years I was fourteen to twenty years old.
Coincidentally, this also covers the years Starsky & Hutch ran on TV.


I don't have many photos from that time, but some are choice. 
This morning I dug up this photo of my mother at a Gay Pride Parade in Madison, WI. 
Talk about history! 

Lytton is second from left (in tan blazer):

Photo crop:
 

2 comments:

deanna said...

I love the pictures you post of your mom, seeing your resemblance to her. It's interesting what she did and the times in which she did them. And everything's connected, isn't it, even to Starsky and Hutch.

Fresca said...

Thanks Deanna! Everything's connected to Star Trek too! :)