Sunday, June 3, 2018

It's Good to Be Captain

Today Poodletail posted on FB this photo of The Captain dancing at the lake. Many elements in the homemad* outfit came from "my" thrift store, including the yellow sieve of her [inadvertenly Dada-esque] mask, and--my favorite touch--the red hamster wheel on top!


"We're all normal, and we want our freedom."**

*I meant to type "homemade" but homemad is a wonderfully apt typo.

** From the song "The Red Telephone" (on youTube) from the 1967 album Forever Changes by Albert Lee's band Love. Looking it up, I discovered the line is from the play Marat/Sade (1964).

2 comments:

poodletail said...

"homemad" = perfect. Marz is one of my favorite humans. I asked to take her photo before I knew it was Marz and when I realized who was singing under the yellow sieve, well, let's just say my heart is still full.

Frex said...

THANK YOU for taking that photo, Poodletail! I have yet to see the Marz in public action but can agree with you that her work is heart-filling!
--Fresca