Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Where's this, then?

A box of new old toys has arrived. I look at them and wonder where they've been in their lives.

They seem to be wondering, Where are we now? 


These two ^ came as part of a lot of seven toys on eBay. The seller didn't photograph each animal, but I took a chance because I could see I wanted at least two of the lot--including this dirty white terrier with ocher ears. (And they were cheap--only $11 for the lot, though shipping more than doubled that.)

When I opened the box, I got the sort of surprise you hope for. 
The animals were all much cooler than I'd expected––especially this black dog (above, right), which had just looked like a blob in the photos.  

You can see, can't you? this dog's got personality. 
He's a mohair Scottish terrier, from the 1930s or 1940s. Stuffed stiff with wood shavings (and a non-working squeaker), he stands up,  and he has glass eyes and a jointed, movable head.

Scotty cost $4 (w/ shipping). I could add a zero and resell him. I wasn't even expecting him. But he's here now, and he's staying.

2 comments:

bink said...

I'm in love! What personality those two have! The black one looks especially naughty!

Fresca said...

And they're even better in person!