Sunday, December 17, 2017

An Ursus upon Saint Lucy's Day


For Saint Lucy's Day, December 13, "the year's deep midnight..."
"I am every dead thing,
         In whom Love wrought new alchemy."  
(--John Donne)


Photo by me, after "Saint Lucy" painting by Francesco del Cossa (b. Ferrara, Italy), c. 1473, National Gallery, London, UK:

P.S. The round box on Lucy Bear's chest is the broken squeeze-box I discovered un-stuffing the bear today. 

Other toy re-creations of art/images: "toy tableaux".

4 comments:

poodletail said...

Ah! St. LucyBear's heart could be shattered and put into a thousand reliquaries. She is beautiful, Fresca, and I love her. St. LucyBear, pray for us.

Fresca said...

Thank you, Poodletail: lovely to see you here again.

bink said...

I love this photo so St. LucyBear! It should be blown up huge and put in a museum!

Fresca said...

BINK: Now it's Easter and I've done another, maybe I could keep going and show them in a gallery! :)