Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Red Bear's Zoom Suit

Red Bear wanted nothing to do with the lovely and tasteful orange fabric Michael sent, but when I came home from T.J.Maxx with little boys' briefs with different Big Hero 6 designs on them, which I intended to cut up and use as appliqué, oh, no! I had to immediately make the flying Baymax one into a romper for her.

Zoom zoom!

Speaking of flying, here's a modern addition to the Gothic cathedral of Salamanca, Spain:
an astronaut carved in stone, added during restorations in 1992.
 Personally, I think it's John Glenn.
I'm looking forward to the forthcoming movie, Hidden  Figures, about black women scientists at NASA in the 1960s.

"John Glenn represents the best of who we are as Americans," said
Octavia Spencer, who plays Dorothy Vaughan, NASA's first African-American manager. "This is a love letter to him as well as all the woman who contributed to the space program."

1 comment:

ArtSparker said...

I am also looking forward to seeing this film.