Friday, September 2, 2016

I just deleted Facebook (again).

I can't handle FB.
Once again I prove to myself I am better off in a room alone where I do not pester the other children––and then get mad at them because they won't play the way I want them to.

I'm sorry the blogosphere has emptied out, but weirdly it's not a problem:  I actually feel freer to write what I want [no one's home!].

There are a few other people on the estate, and I very much like when we meet one another. 

[still from Last Year at Marienbad]

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I wanted to say how much I'm glad that you continue your blog even though the blogosphere appears empty. I feel badly I have never commented on your blog when I have been reading it since 2009, maybe even longer. I think I found your blog through Star Trek videos on either YouTube or LJ. I'm not much of a commenter or blogger, myself. Anyway, I just wanted you to know I enjoy reading your thought-provoking essays. I missed your writing when you disappeared from your blog for awhile. Keep it up - there are listeners in the emptiness.

Fresca said...

Dawn! This is the most AWESOME comment I have ever gotten!
Wow---thank so much for writing and letting me know you're there! That is so, so fun to find out!

Wow---my old Star Trek vids... that's like ancient history, almost. I still love them and that was a golden age in my fandom life:
I met a lot of good people through vidding---including, it turns out, you! Ha!

"Listeners in the emptiness"--what a great phrase, and a lovely thing to know. Thanks, again.
LLAP!