Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Insensible

I am almost insensible this morning because I stayed up until 2AM watching sense8 [io9 review]---the Wachowskis' soapy sci-fi series on Netflix about eight psychically connected people around the world.

It's a mix of profound 
(asking, how might this benighted species of ours evolve higher consciousness?);

ambitious 
(filmed on location around the world, from Seoul to Nairobi);

and sophomoric
(Kung Fu meets the Young and the Restless: 
"Snatch the pebble from my hand, little grasshopper" + "It is taking everything inside of me not to scratch your eyes out!").

Anyway, I had to make myself turn it off after episode 6 so I could get back to work today, but nonetheless I am too foggy to figure out how to edit a new PDF format I don't know...
So.
I think I will go to the YW and then go home and watch the final six episodes so I can get on with my life.

1 comment:

Zhoen said...

That was me with certain authors. Pratchett, Bujold when I still liked her. These days I value sleep above all. Anyway, my eyes get so sleeeeeepy, and close of their own accord. Nothing to do but crawl to bed.