Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sew White

I've been doing so much word work, last night I felt the need to make something not out of letters, so I started hand-stitching white on white on white. *
 

(I'm experimenting with wearing my hair loose. ^ )

The center squares are folded up cloth--empty packets. Halfway through, I sorta wished I'd put something inside each one.

The stitching is lumpy, but as I worked, I thought I would relish that because even after a couple hours my stitches were getting better, more regular. 
Once you are halfway good at something, it's impossible to re-create the unplanned mistakes of a beginner.

I had no plan when I started, and it's not done, but as it progressed, the squares began to look to me like protective tiles -- soft armor.

(That, or ravioli.)  
 _________________
* Tip o' the needle to Spirit Cloth and Judy Martin, whose hand-stitching inspires me. 

5 comments:

jude said...

Terrific!

Fresca said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jude!

bink said...

Tiled armor! Like Samurai should pads. Pretty!

Zhoen said...

Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan!

Fresca said...

BINK: Samurai! --nice connection!

ZHOEN:
OMG, I did not remember that PERFECTION from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek5DS2-Wgr0