Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"I'm Schmidt."

Home again from my first day at work, unharmed by child or adult!
In fact, as I hoped, the toddlers were pretty cute.
I wish I'd taken a photo of our hand-print leaves: they were indeed misshapen blobs.
Exchange of the day:

ME, apologizing to a resident for getting us a little lost going to the elevator: I'm sorry--this is my first day and I'm a little confused.

HER, laughing: That's OK--we're all confused here all the time!


Anyway, I'm definitely the Adult in Charge, and tomorrow I will be on my own while my boss works on other floors. 
If I feel wobbly, I will channel my hero Shirley Schmidt (Candice Bergen), the unshakeable senior partner on Boston Legal

I want to start dressing like her too, since I have to dress up a little for work. Marz says the first step is to make sure my clothes aren't inside-out or stained. OK, so I have a ways to go...


 The main characters in Boston Legal are all at least over forty, and Schmidt is the best thing about the show. She is direct and entirely unapologetic about being powerful and smart, and she's funny and affectionate too. What other woman on American TV is like that? 
I am a total fangirl for her.

1 comment:

Zhoen said...

Not a show I've watched. I do like Pauley Perrette on NCIS, although I'm not proud of actually watching the show.

Good surviving! Yeah! And you don't even seem to have needed duck tape!

(whoa, I never use that many exclamation marks, better go lie down a while.)