Sunday, December 22, 2013

Presents Wrapped, Tree Decorated

I can hardly remember the last time I had a full-size tree. I guess it was when I lived with bink, some 15 Christmases ago? It's nice! 
We decorated the tree mostly with toys and trinkets from around the house.
 
 Above, L to R: 
Felt Star Trek pin made by Art Sparker for me 
when I went to the Las Vegas ST Con in 2008
White bunny that used to squawk "I LOVE YOU" when you pushed its tummy. Bought from a peddlar on my last night in Sicily,
 after drinking too many negronis (gin, vermouth, Campari).
"Man of Sorrows" Mz cut out of a museum postcard. 
She says he looks sad; I think he looks like, "Oy, humans..."
Jeweled pomegranate from my auntie
Portrait by Marsden Hartley, cut out by Mz

Above, L to R:
Costume jewelry pin from my mother
Blue bear, from the Mold-A-Rama  at the zoo
Flying Santa, from Mz's mom, looking askance at...
Squeezey pop-eye rhino I got at the Circus Museum this summer,
 named Fred Meyer (after the Oregon grocery store)
Star Trek insignia, stitched by Eeva and given to us at Finisterre, 
the endmost point of Camino 2011

5 comments:

Zhoen said...

Magnificent!

The Crow said...

Far out!

ArtSparker said...

Festive, honored to be among the attendees.

Fresca said...

SPARKER: The badge you made is well-loved: thanks again, 5+ years later.

bink said...

Your tree is beautiful in photos and in person!