Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Me, Bruce, and a Turkey

I'm hardly ever home alone, living as I do with a friend in a little apartment that's part of a house owned and occupied by a friendly family.

The family has left for Thanksgiving, though, and Marz is at work, so, I've cranked up Born in the USA while I've been turkey wrangling: WHY do they stick the giblets in the turkey, so you have to stick your hand inside its cold cavity and wrest them out? (Isn't giblets a cute word for "edible fowl offal.")

The turkey is now soaking in a citrus marinade of o.j., lime juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and spices. It's the same marinade used in parts of Latin America to flavor pork.
From here: citrus-marinated turkey.

 If I had to choose an American song for Thanksgiving, I'd choose something by Bruce Springsteen--maybe Land of Hope and Dreams, a hymn of promise and lament.
 

Here's a little love from Bruce & Clarence, to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

More kisses here

No comments: