Sunday, September 22, 2013

Saturday Night, Sunday Morning

Moonrise

I'm so happy to be back in (on?) the blogosphere again, after a couple years mostly off. It's so nice, catching up with old blogfriends and getting glimpses of the lives of others.

I like reading bloggers simply chatting about their daily lives;
it's like taking a walk in the autumn evening after people have turned on their indoor lights but before they've closed their curtains.
Like, shortly after I took this photo of moonrise in the community garden.

Did I mention I'm taking photos at this local garden every month? They're for the neighborhood association's annual calendar.
The 2014 calendar will be photos of 6 local community gardens, covered through the year by 6 different people.

 Taking these photos makes me realize I need a better camera than this point-and-shoot, though there'd be no point if I didn't learn how to use it, and since I haven't even learned how to use the settings on my point-and-shoot, it's probably not worth the money.

Consolidating the Pickles 

Anyway, since I'm enjoying other people's posts about their everyday goings-on, I thought I'd post more about my own. Like, I am really pleased that after a year of looking like a mop, my hair is finally long enough to pull back in a ponytail.



 Also you can fuzzily see my Moomin toy (Snorkmaiden) in the background, to the left of my nose.

I am sitting at the computer first thing in the morning because I CAN NOT GET UP FROM MY CHAIR UNTIL I FINISH WRITING MY SANITATION BOOK.

Really, it's horrific, my power of procrastination. I want to tell myself that if I go to the Farmers Market, I will get right to work when I get home.
But I know this is not true, not true at all.

I got into a real shame spiral about my procrastination last night.
But then I thought, hey, I know I will get this book done, and when it's done, no one holding it will be able to tell that I did everything in my power to avoid writing it.

Also, I know I am not alone. KMH told me about some writer who said their day had consisted of consolidating the pickles in their fridge.

And now I will get back to work. No, really. I will.

5 comments:

Zhoen said...

Have you tried duck tape?

Fresca said...

As a hair band? ;)

momo said...

You can do it! (Oh, how I know the agonies and self-loathing of writerly procrastination.)

When we lived in Japan in the Army, way back when, my mother briefly had me take some Japanese dance lessons. The stance Marz is illustrating was exactly what we were taught to do when wearing a kimono: one foot turned in, knees slightly bent, eyes cast down and to the side :)

poodletail said...

Oh, geez. I love when I haven't checked in for a week or so, then come back and there are many of your posts for catching-up. An embarrassment of riches!

Fresca said...

Thanks, MOMO! I will do it. I am doing it. Just s-l-o-w-l-y...
Fascinating about the Japanese dance lessons! I guess the peace "V" sign is a later addition. :)

POODLE: Thanks for checking in!