Wednesday, November 11, 2009

365: Reading in Bed

I started this daily self-portrait project on my birthday last year, and I've only done something like 75 of them. That's OK, but now that the end date is less than 4 months away, I want to step it up a bit. Each one isn't necessarily all that interesting, but I like to see them all together, limning the arc of a year in the life...
I'm reading The Summer Book, by Tove Jansson, creator of the Moomin:
" Nice, she thought. No, I'm certainly not nice. The best you could say of me is that I'm interested. She extracted a perch [from the net] and bashed its head against a rock."
Well, I think that's nice. I hate it when people leave fish to drown in the air.

Note my wrist-warmers: Poodletail knitted those for me years ago, from supersoft silky wool.
My apartment is not well heated, and I often wear them to read in bed. However, having admired the long-sleeved sweaters the Apocalyptica cello players wore (a few posts back), which covered their knuckles, I'm going to start wearing mine out and about.

No comments: