Thursday, November 5, 2009

365: The Triffid Arrives

The U.S. postal service sent this triffid I'd bought online (in early October) from Ginga Squid in New Zealand all the way back to NZ, stamped "No Such Address." Ginga sent it again--same address--and yesterday the P.O. found my house. It was just where it's been for the last seven years they've been delivering mail here.
I'd wanted to wear this (lapel corsage?) to the Fly premieres, but as it was, it feels like a prize for finishing Finland.

5 comments:

ArtSparker said...

You are in Brigadoon, I presume?

bink said...

Beautiful! Is the air plant still alive? It looks it.

Ginga Squid said...

Yay - despite its now huge carbon footprint!!!! It looks like the airplant might make a good recovery?

Fresca said...

I never saw Brigadoon. Are there triffids in it?

It does look like the air plant has at least 3 or 4 pale green leaves that seem ready to return to life. Even though the poor thing spent a whole month in a box going back and forth and back again from NZ to the USA.

ArtSparker said...

A friend of mine just sent me a black and white photo of Leonard Nimoy, circa I think about 1964, leaning on I think a Thunderbird...Anyway, if you want me to forward it, my email is on my blog.