Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lend me your tails?

"I have no need for good souls: an accomplice is what I wanted."
--Electra to her brother Orestes, The Flies, act 2, Jean-Paul Sartre

We're set to shoot the final scene of Orestes and the Fly on Saturday, August 1. Has anyone in town got a tailcoat they can lend for the Fly to wear? (It doesn't have to fit, since the Fly is a scrounger.) If nothing else, I'll rent one, but, eek... expensive...
Still, it is the Fly's dream to be Fred Astaire, and you can be Fred without Ginger but not without tails.
I guess a morning coat could substitute? Where's my Costume person?

(Btw, shooting the final scene doesn't mean it's the final shoot--the next weekend I am shooting the Sacrifice of Iphigenia, starring bink's 9-year-old niece. I'd forgotten how much fun this all is, but I need someone to track Continuity.)

I'm not leading a goal-driven life, but this summer I heard myself saying to the Apple Computer trainer that my goal is to get this filmmaking thing down so that next summer I can enter the 48-Hour Film Challenge. (Teams register to complete a film in 48 hours.)
I think that as much as learning the technology, this involves learning to beg and schmooze for favors.
So, lend me your tails?
I'll name you as an Accomplice Assistant Producer!

2 comments:

deanna said...

Sorry I don't have tails for you, but I'm all for you doing that 48-hour thing next year. Sounds like a crazy, fun gig. :o)

Fresca said...

Gee, Deanna, wanna come out here and help? That would be fun alright!