Saturday, November 25, 2017

Pointy Points

The Stuffed Needy Animal Repair Project is all fun and games until someone gets tetanus.

I stopped to remember if I'd had a shot recently, when I scratched myself on a metal wire removing some old stuffing. And look at these prongs holding panda's googly eyes on:

I've removed these cloudy eyes to see if I can do cataract surgery on them, and also so I can soak panda overnite in borax & dishsoap--one of the recommendations for getting the yellow out. 
I'm dubious that anything will whiten these old polyesters, but I'm going to try everything of low-toxicity.

Panda has bravely volunteered to be the test bear for this.
If I can't clear its eyes, I'd like to replace them with the same kind, but, as you may not be surprised to hear, I cannot find any of these toy pronged eyes for sale.

1 comment:

Bink said...

Well...Panda does look cleaner than when I met him...her? What a brave bear!