Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"That big wild good life teeming along the road that is north to the future."

OK. I give in. All my remaining reservations about William Shatner withered like the Alaskan roadside flowers were a few months ago or will be a few months from now when I watched him recite some of Sarah Palin's farewell speech, as she resigns as gov. of Alaska. (Here's the full text of her speech. It's a doozy.)



Read by Bill, it reminds me of Mary Oliver, with all due respect, and inspires my Kirk of the Week for this week:

In case you don't recall, this is from the episode "The Paradise Syndrome," when Kirk gets amnesia for a few months and lives with a Native American group that aliens moved to a distant planet because... well, I forget the details, but anyway, Kirk enjoys being out of office for a while.

No comments: