Monday, December 21, 2020

My Minimalist Manger



Have you seen the minimalist nativity scenes going round this year? The zeitgiest of Covid Christmas, maybe.

I was inspired to make one by Sarah, who posted her nativity on IG.
I put mine together quickly with stuff on my desk. I'm very pleased how it turned out--sort of amazed, really. I totally
lucked out with the afternoon light through my north window.

The Bethlehem star is a Polish stamp of Sputnik 1 from 1957, a favorite possession.

Want to make a minimalist manger too?
If you do make one, let me know and I'll do a round-up of links or share your photo here.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha ha love it!

Sarah said...

P.S. I made another one last night too, from a magnet toy I found when clearing up. I bought it thinking I would use it at school years ago but was always too worried about it being a choking hazard. It is really fun to play with!

Linda Sue said...

Is the orange a chubby wise man?

River said...

I haven't seen any Nativity scenes, minimalist or otherwise, there's not much decorating at all in the yards here. If people are making Nativity scenes they are probably inside their homes.

Fresca said...

SARAH: I love the tenderness of the pipe bowl parents, but the magnets have a steely magnificence to them--you inspire me!

LINDA SUE: I think the orange is the Concept of All the Others Rolled Into One.
But I like the idea of a chubby wise man.
(Really, I was thinking a sheep--you know how rotund they become when their wool is thick.)

RIVER: There are lots of yard decorations in my neighborhood this year--I should take some photos. They're all traditional--nothing unusual.
I saw the minimalist mangers online---mostly pretty tiny.

Michael Leddy said...

This is funny and wonderful.

Michael Leddy said...

This is funny and wonderful.