Monday, November 14, 2011

Notes from Camino, V: Jun 15, 2011 ***from Marz

BELOW: Baby Rhino (me, aka Frex), Woolly (bink), and Marz brush their teeth before bed, in an albergue somewhere along the Camino pilgrimage route across northern Spain.

[E-MAIL FROM ALONG THE Camino de Santiago]

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Marz wrote:

HI FREX!

Everyone's falling asleep upstairs, and everyone's eating or making talking sounds downstairs.
Marz is e-mailing Baby Rhino who is upstairs making sleeping spaces before morning when everyone are stomping shoes and on and on.

Why is Marz e-mailing the rhino if it's upstairs?
Because it's sleeping.
Why is it sleeping?
Because it's a rhino.
But why? Because it is.
Woolly sleeps too. Fine.

Here's what I've done while you've been sleeping:
I went outside and looked at the clothes on the clothesline.
THAT'S THE HUMANS WITH THE GRAPHIC T-SHIRTS, THEY ALWAYS LIKE THOSE.

I thought about moving to Minneapolis, and how great it is.
[bink and I had invited Marz to come stay on our respective couches and try out Mpls. as a place to live.]

Then I thought about how it's part of a series of welcome things happening to Marz in a small space of time.
Then I thought, what if welcome things keep happening?
MAGNUM GOLD?!

[RIGHT: Bink, Fresca, and Marz eating "Magnum Gold?!?" ice-cream--the rule being that you had to buy and eat one of this brand every time the ice-cream case carried it. I wasn't feeling well, so I just drank green tea here.
Photo by Fred from Amsterdam]

King David said this but you know Kirk totally says this everyday too:

"Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life."
SURELY. OF COURSE. OBVIOUSLY. WHAT ELSE.
But actually, you can have a terrible life. I'm not saying anything about it, I'm just saying.

Anyway, I talked to Paulette, and she said if your socks are damp after washing them,
you sleep on them and the heat from your back dries them, FYI.

OK, I only have 6 minutes left so GOODNIGHT BABY RHINO!

Love,
Marz

[The Kirk macro was part of Marz's e-mail: she made it then and there.]
_______________
All photos by bink (unless otherwise noted).

Click for all posts about the Camino de Santiago here.

2 comments:

Lill said...

How delightful to see all your notes and photos from the Camino all together!

Especially pics, since I had not seen them -- maybe haven't been posted?

Anyway--what fun to vicariously journey on the Camino!

Fresca said...

Thanks, Lill!
Yeah, I haven't posted these photos here, but Lucinda has them all up on Facebook.
(I think they're easier to take in set with words tho.)

More to come...