Sunday, December 10, 2017

Bears to Come

Ooooooh.
I got some bears.
Nine!
They will come in a big box to my house next week.


The eBay auction on these bears closed this morning--I'm amazed I was the only one to bid on them. They were listed individually by an eBayer who doesn't know about bears, she told me when I messaged her for more info. She'd bought the lot at an estate sale because, she said, "I know some people collect them". 

Yes, indeed. 
I've been reading up on bears.  Bears with longer muzzles and front legs are usually older (pre-WWII), and old bears with jointed limbs and mohair fur (even threadbare) are worth more than the $6–$9 + shipping I paid.  

But I don't care about that. Well, I wouldn't have bought them if they'd cost much more, but. I mean, I'm not buying them for their monetary value,
I'm just happy to get bears I like, and I like these ones very much. With their expressiveness, they are the opposite of Beanie Babies. And some of them are quite small––barely 8 in./20 cm, seated, the size I like best.

What am I going to do with them?
I don't know...
Some of them might need a bit of repair, but I don't think I'd change any up much, they're so complete in themselves. I think I'll just learn from them, for a while.

3 comments:

ArtSparker said...

The top left one is early 20th century.

Frex said...

Thanks for saying. Isn't that a beautiful bear, with the ears?

Bink said...

Nice! Looking forward to meeting them!