Thursday, November 16, 2017

Flying Monkey Repair, III: Action!

Here's Flying Monkey, all repaired from being lost and squashed in the alley––plus I sewed it a felt jacket with flying designs on both sides, because it's an action monkey.
(What you can't see it that I replaced the smashed noise-maker with a squeaker that squeaks when you squeeze Monkey's tummy.)

And here's 8-seconds of action:
Or, "action..."
Really, it can fly much farther than that.
 
One day soon, when I've stopped playing with it, I'm going to put Monkey up on a telephone pole near where I found it, with a tag saying I've repaired it and am returning it to whoever dropped it or whoever can give it a home.

5 comments:

The Crow said...

He's beautiful, and so is his coat! I hope some child in need of a stuffed flying companion will find it and give it a good home.

Fresca said...

CROW: Or even an adult! Though yes, I imagine Monkey was lost by a child, and I do hope someone who likes him a lot takes him home.
It's a little hard to release him into the wild, but that's where he came from in the first place.

bink said...

I can testify he flies very well. My one regret in meeting him in a restaurant is that I didn't get a chance to fly him.

Frex said...

BINK: I'll bring it to coffee this weekend, and you can do the full launch!

bink said...

Sweet! though I don't know that flying around hot coffee is best idea.