Saturday, November 25, 2017

Dream Boat

I went Black Friday sale shopping, on purpose––I think for the first time: it was a half-off day at Goodwill. 
I got a sweater for Red Bear for 50¢. I was going to cover over "NAVY", but she likes it, promptly declaring she is captain of the ship (the sieve-like basket).

Currently, the other toys on the boat are guests, here only temporarily, having come in an eBay lot with Macy bear. Most of them are Dream Pets (by Dakin) from the 1960s, made in Japan of velveteen, stuffed tight with sawdust.


The Dream Pets don't need any restoration, and they're too flighty for me (I prefer a more ponderous bear): 
my plan is to sell them individually on eBay, when I get up to speed with that, and before I get too attached to them. Because they are intriguing mid-century specimens, from the era of Star Trek, which had a lot of Dream Petting going on...

No comments: