Friday, July 3, 2015

Seven Fourths

If you blog long enough, eventually you get the treat (?) of reviewing what you did on certain dates every year. This is my review of posts on or around the Fourth of July.

______________________________
Seven summers ago, my Star Trek love flourished. 

I uploaded my second Star Trek fanvid on July 4, 2008. This was before youTUbe went HD, so this low-res vid has since been downsized to a third of the screen. (I still like it, but it's pretty obscure.)
 Kirk/Spock: "The Definition of Love" (by Andrew Marvell)


From my youTube description:

"Unmet longing + stars + navigation.The 17th cent. British metaphysical poets wrote about this stuff long before 1960's Star Trek.
I mashed-up this poem "The Definition of Love" by Andrew Marvell (1621-1678), music from "The Four Seasons" by Antonio Vivaldi (born the year Marvell died), and Kirk (William Shatner) / Spock (Leonard Nimoy).So I guess that makes this metaphysical Baroque Star Trek slash..."

______________________________

 Six Years Ago, July 4, 2009
Below:
"American Fly": bink as the Fly sit on her back steps to apply bottle-cap taps to the soles of her shoes during the making of Orestes and the Fly

"The point being, a life of art can save even a fly from a life of crap."



"The thing about democracy, beloveds, is that it is not neat, orderly, or quiet. It requires a certain relish for confusion."    --Molly Ivins
_______________________________

Five Years Ago, July 4, 2010 




Garlic Scape Pesto

Put your soccer cleats on and jump up and down on:

1 bunch (6-10) garlic scapes, finely chopped

1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan 

1/3 cup nuts (pine nuts, walnuts)

1/3 cup olive oil

______________________________________

Four Years Ago, on July 3, 2011, I wrote, 
"Hi, there! I'm back...from walking across Spain. Here, dancing down the road the night before we walked into Santiago. v Photo by bink."


______________________________

Three Years Ago, on July 4, 2012, I tried to pull a nursing home resident into a lift-sling using my thumb and pulled my wrist tendon so badly I had to quit my job and wear a splint for several months. v 



I didn't blog much this year; these photos, above, are from a post on Aug. 14, after I'd started to draw about "What Can You Handle?"
_____________________________________

Two Years Ago: July 4, 2013
"Happy Liberation Day! 
AUTHORITY is hereby granted to you to . . . 'let pass, let go, let loose; give up, hand over; let, allow, grant, permit' "

calligraphy letters ^ by Maura, color by me
____________________________________________

One Year Ago, in July 2014, the doc said I should get a "bit more exercise and lose 5-10 pounds."

 

(Working on that...)

 Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: