Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"But . . , but . . . ."

I'm not on FB but Marz showed me this 1-minute clip of President Obama on the situation in Baltimore that made my jaw ache with sadness. Maybe just the way he's so restrained, seemingly calm, but then his mouth twists after he says,
"we consider those kids our kids, and they shouldn't be living in poverty and violence." 

And the way he pauses each time he says "but": 
"there are a lot of good people, but . . .", and  "I've tried to promote these ideas, but . . ."

I can't find a way to embed this little clip––maybe you've already seen it?––anyway, this links to the White House on FB, and you can scroll down a few posts to see it:   
https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse?fref=nf

2 comments:

Zhoen said...

(o)

Fresca said...

I hope you're feeling better, Z.