Saturday, May 3, 2014

Cartoon of the Day: Lonely Blonde

I like the idea of drawing and posting a cartoon every day (though I doubt I'd really do it every day), to help me get in the habit of putting down words + images. 

A little more than a sketch, a little more of a story, like what I did at dinner with Marz tonight:



I also like the etymology of the word "cartoon", which I only recently learned:


cartoon (n.) Look up cartoon at Dictionary.com
1670s, "a drawing on strong paper," from French carton, from Italian cartone "strong, heavy paper, pasteboard," 
thus "preliminary sketches made by artists on such paper" (see also carton). 
Extension to comical drawings in newspapers and magazines is 1843.

2 comments:

Zhoen said...

Still, good name for a beer. Fun comic. Glad she's not lonely.


Fresca said...

Thanks.
And it's a nice bright, light beer---good for clearing the throat after working at a thrift store all afternoon.